1. Download and print out this Application Form 2019 (NEW)
2. Obtain the following
- 2 Passport photos
- A copy of a recent police conduct certificate
- Take the application form to your general practitioner to obtain declaration.
3. Bring the application form to the Club house in St Venera, together with a one time enrolment fee of € 15.00, three years membership fee in advance (each year ending 31st December) of € 50.00 & € 35.00 fee for Firearms Course together totalling € 100.00.
Cheques payable to:
THE TREASURER AACTS
4. You will be contacted to attend the next Firearm Safe Handling Course starting dates.
What happens next?
After you attend the course, you will be asked to come to the club to perform an examination. This will test you on the knowledge and items discussed in the course including safe handling, and elements of the Maltese Law regarding weapons.
If you satisfy the AACTS club examination criteria, you will be presented with endorsement letters, that stating that the club does not have any objection to you being a firearms collector or target shooter.
You will take these forms your district police station office where you will apply for the license you are interested in, namely Target Shooter A, Target Shooter B or Collectors license.
After a couple of weeks you will be contacted by the club, or police asking you to attend an examination at the police headquarters.
If you satisfy the police that you know the Maltese law regarding firearms, and know how to handle firearms safely and responsibly, you will then be contacted again from your police district office to collect your license papers.
Collect your official membership card from the club house in St Venera.